ACSS Membership Benefits
ACSS Member Resources and Training
What are the core beneﬁts of joining the Association of Certiﬁed Sanctions Specialists (ACSS)?
Well, as an ACSS Member, you will gain access to:
- CSS Certiﬁcation Exam, which allows sanctions professionals the opportunity to earn credentials as a Certiﬁed Sanctions Specialist, or CSS. The credential will provide ACSS members with a powerful career advantage and their employers and clients the comfort of knowing that he or she has met high standards of knowledge and training. The CSS credential will test members’ skills in sanctions compliance, export control duties, listing matching, consulting, investigating, and more! The ﬁrst CSS Certiﬁcation Exam will be launched in late 2019.
- Education and Online Certiﬁcate Courses, which provide sanctions professionals the opportunity to gain expertise in important sanctions topics., such as OFAC Essentials and Anti-Bribery Regulations. We are also currently planning an E.U. Essentials Course that will launch in May 2020.
- Live and On-demand Webinars, which include 25+ LIVE webinars per year, where attendees can ask real-time questions during expert-led sessions and even earn CE/CLE credits. ACSS Members also have the unique opportunity to browse our archive of on-demand webinars by logging into our online Learning Management System (LMS).
- Interactive Sanctions Map, an interactive tool with an overview of sanctions in place against countries around the world. The Map focuses on sanctions imposed by the U.S. (OFAC), E.U., U.K., U.N., and Canada. Find out what speciﬁc sanctions are in place against a country by simply clicking on that particular country!
- OFAC Enforcement Actions Database, where you can search, browse, and download 900+ OFAC enforcement cases. The database is searchable by country, year, and industry.
- Oﬃcial Sanctions Guidance Library, where you can ﬁnd guidance provided by government agencies, international institutions, and universities about how to best implement sanctions in your country.
- Sanctions Service Providers Directory, an invaluable resource for members looking to contact software vendors, consultants, law ﬁrms and other providers specializing in the sanctions ﬁeld.
- Task Forces, where you can join up with your colleagues to shed light on important sanctions topics and connect with others in the sanctions community. These Task Forces are only available to ACSS Members.
- Sanctions Connect Calls, where a limited amount of members can tune in monthly to participate in discussions about current sanctions topics with real-experts in the industry.
Our members have exclusive access to our monthly webinars in which we cover the latest events and answer questions and queries from the attendees. You can enjoy the webinars Live and On demand from the comfort of your home or office.
The Interactive Sanctions Map is member-only benefit for ACSS members. It is an interactive tool with an overview with sanctions in place against countries around the world. It covers EU, US (OFAC), Canada and UN sanctions. Find out which specific sanctions are in place against a country by clicking on the continent and then on the country.
The ACSS member-only resource library contains guidance on sanctions from government agencies, international organizations, and universities and institutes around the world. The documents posted here do not include sanctions regimes or actions themselves; instead, these are publications of information intended to provide clarity regarding the implementation of sanctions.
ACSS Members get access to a unique premium resource built by ACSS and Sanctions Alert: a searchable database of 900+ OFAC enforcement actions, across industries, with access to the PDFs of settlement letters.
Part of the ACSS member benefits is belonging to a Sanctions Discussion Group. Whether you are a starting or seasoned sanctions professional, the ACSS forum will help you get and stay connected to a network of resources you can rely on throughout the year. Leverage a community of ACSS members who can provide answers to your questions, share their experiences and recommend experts to help address your needs.
Sanctions Connect Calls
A limited amount of members can tune in monthly to participate in discussions about current sanctions topics with real-experts in the industry.