Discussion Forum GuidelinesThe Forum is for Members Only
Discussion Forum Guidelines
By joining and using ACSS Listserv, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for this peer discussion group. You also agree to reserve list discussions for topics best suited to the medium.
As with any community, there are guidelines governing behavior on the ACSS Listservs. For instance, violating antitrust regulations, libeling others, selling, lobbying and marketing are not permissible. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com. ACSS reserves the right to suspend or terminate usage on all lists for members who violate these rules.
Best practices (How to use ACSS Listserv)
ACSS created and offers the Listserv as a free service to members. The purpose of the Listservs is to foster useful discussion of sanctions-related topics among ACSS members and to provide a means for announcing ACSS-related business.
Examples of how the ACSS Listservs can be used include the following:
- Discussion of cases, legislation, rules, guidance etc.
- Questions regarding practice, procedure, risks, etc.
- Insight on and discussion of a particular topic, including locating professionals for an assignment.
- ACSS-related business, such as upcoming programs.
The rules (How NOT to use ACSS Listservs)
No E-mail Harvesting
You are not allowed to harvest e-mails for spam or spam-like purposes, or for any type of “mass-mailing” and/or “bulk e-mail”. Since e-mail harvesting violates every possible privacy and community consideration, violations will result in immediate and permanent expulsion from the list.
Personal or contact information of list participants seen on this list is intended solely for the use of this list, and should not be distributed to a third party. For example, if you believe a list participant could benefit from the services offered by a third party, contact that list participant directly with the contact information of the third party.
Do not post commercial messages or solicit services.
Negative Remarks About Other Businesses, Firms, Members or Public Officials
This list is meant to be productive and helpful. It is not meant to be a forum to discuss political issues or to bash a firm/company you do not like. Please be sure that all posts are positive and do not insult others.
No Jokes/Chain Letters/Junk Mail/Off-Topic Discussions
Please keep your postings on-topic.
Do not challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
Keep Your Posts Short and Trimmed
When replying to a post, quote only the portion absolutely necessary to help the reader understand your response. Delete the rest. If sharing an article, post only a brief excerpt, then provide the URL where those interested may view the rest. On ALL replies, be certain to eliminate all automatically generated footers (DCWW, Yahoo, MSN mail, and others) from the quoted previous post as well as trimming e-mail system headers and extra signature lines.
No Requests for Legal Advice
The Listservs are not intended to provide legal advice. If you are seeking legal advice, consult an attorney in a formal capacity.
The information posted on the list serve is not to be used as “evidence” during regulatory exams.
All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
Disclaimer and legal rules
This list is created by and provided as a service of the Association of Certified Sanctions Specialists. ACSS and its Advisory Board accept no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. ACSS disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by ACSS or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall ACSS be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ACSS the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
ACSS reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
- If you will be out of the office for a length of time, please unsubscribe yourself from all ACSS Listservs. This will ensure that members do not get a large volume of “Out of Office” replies when they post to the list.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address.
- State concisely and clearly the specific topic of the comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply, delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals – not to the entire list. Do this by using your e-mail application’s forwarding option and typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the Listserv. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding these types of messages.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says “Long Message”
- You can post by “replying” to someone else’s posting. Changing the subject line to the name of your topic let’s others know you are beginning a new discussion. Leaving the subject line alone informs others you are responding to a previous post. Note: Remove any existing text from the body of the e-mail before writing your message. The “text chain” of messages can become clutter some and difficult to read.
You may leave the list at any time by sending a message to email@example.com with the subject field and the body blank.
Any questions related to copyright, forum policies and subscribing/unsubscribing should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for being courteous and abiding by the posted forum rules.
This content is for ACSS members only