EU Sanctions Essentials
Sanctions Compliance Officers
Financial Crime Investigators
OFAC Compliance Managers
OFAC Testing Analysts
EU Commission staff
United Nations staff
What is it?
Self-paced e-learning course
Live Virtual Classroom
Live Virtual Classroom 2
What participants will get
A Certificate of Completion: Upon passing the assessment, participants will receive an electronic Certificate which denotes the completion of the course.
6 CSS Exam Credits (you must complete the whole course)
System requirements (for learners)
GotoTraining from Citrix
E-learning (Adobe Captivate or similar tool)
Litmos or other Learning Management System (LMS)
- Materials available: April 20, 2022
- Classroom 1: April 27, 2022
- Classroom 2: May 04, 2022
- Materials available: November 2, 2022
- Classroom 1: November 09, 2022
- Classroom 2: November 16, 2022
What you will learn
This course covers the following topics:
- Framework and Legal Basis
- Anatomy of a EU Sanctions Regime: How do EU Restrictive Measures Come About?
- Effect of a Designation
- A virtual tour of EU website pages
- Categories of Restrictive Measures
- Key Programs and Recent Developments
- Who Must Comply and What Happens if You Don’t?
- EU List: Listing and Delisting
- Due Diligence/Ownership and Control
- Freezing of Funds and Economic Resources
How it is structured?
PART 1: Self-paced e-learning course (40 minutes): EU Sanctions Foundations
PART 3: Virtual Classroom #1: EU Sanctions:Policy, Legal Authorities and Core Concepts (90 minutes)
PART 5: Virtual Classroom #2: EU Sanctions Compliance/Risk Management and Enforcement (90 minutes)
PART 2: Reading assignment (30 minutes)
PART 4: Reading Assignment (30 minutes)
PART 6: Reading Assignment (30 minutes)
PART 7: Final assessment (45-minutes)
Sebastiaan has extensive experience in advising and assisting (multinational) companies when doing business in sanctioned countries, including Cuba, Iran, Syria and Russia. Sebastiaan also has successfully represented his clients in administrative, criminal and private law matters and related procedures in the area of sanctions and export controls. He also frequently assists his clients with their trade compliance related issues and is very experienced in conducting internal (fraud)investigations, preparing voluntary disclosures and assisting clients in matters initiated by national and international authorities (VS, UK, EU en NL).