Anti-Bribery Essentials Certificate Course
$445 Discount Price for ACSS Members
through October 5th, 2019
Why this course?
In order to meet the need for more in-depth training on Anti-Bribery (AB) and mitigate the risk of costly AB violations, CSS has developed an online training program, which teaches vital principles and risk management and background all AB compliance staff should understand.
- Compliance Officers
- AB/FCPA investigators
- FCPA compliance officers
- General Counsels
- Compliance Manager
- AML Compliance Officers
- High Risk Business Lines.
What is it?
The AB Essentials Certificate Program is a 7-part course, consisting of approximately 7 training hours, across 4 weeks. The course is delivered in an online format.
- Define what constitutes bribery
- Recognize and respond to the most common areas in which bribery may arise
- Explain the consequences of bribery and corruption to individuals and organizations, including enforcement
- Raise awareness of the part employees can play in the global fight against bribery and corruption
- What are the scenarios that you may encounter bribery in an organization
- Examine the key legislation and demonstrate how these laws can affect the day-to-day life of staff
- Which agencies are involved -in the US and other countries including the UK?
Become a Member of ACSS
How is it structured?
PART 1: Self-paced e-learning course (40 minutes): AB Foundations
This is a self-paced e-learning course in Articulate®, or a similar e-learning tool. It covers a case study and the foundations of AB.
PART 2: Reading assignment (30 minutes)
“Home Work Assignment” This will be PDF containing a narrative on AB Essentials, key terms and definitions participants need to read to prepare for Virtual Class 1.
PART 3: Virtual Classroom #1: Anti-Bribery: Government Agencies Overview – What They Do and How it Affect You (90 minutes)
Instructor-led, “live” virtual classroom (“live” webinar with interactive case studies, “Q&A” sessions, audience polls and practice questions)
- Overview of the anti-bribery laws of key jurisdictions in Asia, Europe, South America and North America
- In-depth analysis of the United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Enforcement trends and responding to investigations
- Introduction to anti-bribery compliance
PART 4: Reading assignment (30 minutes)
Containing key terms and definitions participants need to read to prepare for Class 2.
PART 5: Virtual Classroom #2: AB Compliance/Risk Management and Enforcement (90 minutes)
Instructor-led virtual classroom (“live” webinar with interactive case studies, “Q&A” sessions, audience polls and practice questions)
- Building and benchmarking an international anti-bribery compliance program
- Key elements of an anti-bribery compliance program
- Conducting and managing anti-bribery “due diligence” reviews of third parties
- Customizing an anti-bribery program for financial, retail and other industry-specific risks
PART 6: Reading Assignment (30 minutes)
PART 7: Final assessment (45-minutes)
Dan Chapman is the founder and CEO of Presyse, a consulting firm for companies seeking to develop or significantly enhance their legal compliance programs. Previously, Mr. Chapman served as the Chief Compliance Officer of a number of international telecommunications and oil and gas companies with combined operations in over 100 countries. Generally reporting directly to the CEO or the Board of Directors, Mr. Chapman led these companies’ efforts to investigate and settle significant FCPA, UKBA, economic sanctions and export controls violations and to develop highly effective compliance programs under deferred prosecution agreements and government-appointed monitorships.
Mr. Chapman has served as vice-chair of the American Bar Association’s Committee on International Anti-Corruption and as vice-chair of its Committee on Export Controls and Economic Sanctions. He has published numerous articles on the subject of international trade compliance and is the co-author of the Economic Sanctions chapter of the American Bar Association’s “Handbook of Export Controls and Economic Sanctions.” In addition, Ethisphere magazine named Mr. Chapman as one of the top 25 “in house” ethics and compliance officers every year between 2012 and 2016.
What Participants will get
At the end of 4 weeks, participants who successfully completed the program receive:
- A Certificate of Completion: Upon passing the assessment, participants will receive an electronic Certificate which denotes the completion of the course.
- CSS credit hours
System requirements (for learners)
Course is compatible with most operating systems and browsers to make it easy for everyone to participate. The course uses
- GotoTraining from Citrix
- E-learning (Adobe Captivate or similar tool)
- Litmos or other Learning Management System (LMS)
The Anti-Bribery Essentials Certificate Program will be offered several times per year: