Sanctions Risks for the Insurance Industry
CSS Credits: 1.25
- Robert Walsh, Deputy Chief Compliance Officer | AXA Group
- 09:00 AM – 10:15 AM NYC
- 02:00 PM – 03:15 PM London
- 03:00 PM – 04:15 PM Amsterdam
This webinar focuses on sanctions developments affecting the insurance industry.
Insurance companies are subject to many of the sanctions regulations targeting countries such as Russia, Belarus and Iran.
The sanctions risk for insurers is changing rapidly, as the crimes and regulations are becoming increasingly sophisticated, leaving them as vulnerable as their counterparts in the financial sector.
This webinar will provide insurers and those who do business with them the tools to proactively identify, assess and manage their risk.
Real world case studies will demonstrate the regulatory perils and the adverse impact on business when insurers miss the hidden sanctions risks.
When you attend this webinar, you will:
- Identifying the hidden, indirect risks in business relationships for insurers
- What happens when your counterparties, bank, or reinsurer identifies the risks before you do?
- Learn how your data may increase your hidden risk
- Leveraging your systems and vendors to better control risk and explain your rationale to regulators
- Evolving role of compliance officers in insurance
During the webinar, participants will have the opportunity to contribute questions online.
Certificate of Attendance:
All active ACSS membership will be able to download the certificate from the Learning Management System (under the achievements tab).
Members of the Association
and you will be sent login details by email a
day before the webinar.
If you would like to register for the webinar
in advance, so that it is entered into your calendar.
Non Members of the Association
You must be a member in order to attend this webinar.
To learn about ACSS membership, click here.
His outside activities include:
1. Industry consultation to the Financial Action Task Force and the US Bank Secrecy Act Advisory Group
2. The Financial Crime Committee of the International Association of Insurance Supervisors
3. Chairing the Sanctions in Insurance Roundtable, comprised of most major global insurance companies
Bob started his career at an international bank, and had subsequent roles as a securities regulator, and as an executive at an innovative technology firm.
Bob has a Political Science degree from McGill University, a JD from Osgoode Hall Law School and an MBA from the Ivey School of Business. He is based in New York.
Alexander Witt CSS
Sanctions & Export Controls Consultant
“I really appreciated the detail and references on the slides, very helpful”.
“Great job. Very informative”.