Joint FinCEN & BIS Alert on Export Controls on Russia
Date: Friday, July 29, 2022
Time: 09:00 AM – 09:30 AM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Stephen Wilcox, Managing Director | FTI Consulting
Alexander Witt, CSS, Sanctions & Export Control Consultant | ACSS
The U.S. is intensifying its efforts to keep technology that can be used for military purposes out of Russia by requiring banks to decline or report transactions that appear to relate to such exports.
FIs are urged to impute greater risk to transactions involving a list of items such as airplane parts, cameras, and antennas that could help Russia and its ally Belarus bolster their military capabilities.
In this Sanctions Connect Call we will discuss and analyse the joint alert, what it means for financial institutions in the US, and three things ACSS members should do now as a result of the alert.
About Sanctions Connect Calls:
- Every last Friday of the month
- It is a members-only, intimate conversation that enriches your connections and knowledge of specific sanctions topics.
- Chatham house rules apply.
- SanctionsConnect calls are NOT recorded, so attend live!
- A maximum of 50 ACSS members can attend the call. First come first served.
Members of the Association
This SanctionsConnect Call is included in your membership, but space is limited! If you would like to register, click below on “Register Me”
Managing Director, FTI Consulting
Alexander Witt, CSS
Sanctions & Export Controls Consultant, ACSS